Rai Way is one of the leading playersin the history of broadcasting.
Rai Way, the heir to RAI’s long tradition and experience has always been the leading player in the research and testing of new broadcasting technologies.
Backed by this primacy, the Company presents itself as a trustworthy network operator for its customers by implementing and managing the main broadcasting processes: analog and digital, terrestrial and satellite, for audio, video and data signals.
Rai Way is able to provide terrestrial radio and television broadcasting services at a local, regional and national level, having at its disposal over 2,300 sites which enable it to achieve a coverage of over 99% of the population.On the basis of the specific coverage requested by the customer, the service includes:
- network planning;
- design and construction of the distribution network (fiber optic, radio bridge and satellite);
- design and construction of the broadcasting network;
- design and construction of the infrastructure (civil, electric, technological);
- testing the service and making it operational.
All activities are in line with the technical standards prescribed at a national and international level, with the possibility of adopting any broadcasting standard that may be requested. In addition, Rai Way’s territorial organization and the modernity of its infrastructure enable the customer to assign to it the control of all the network functionalities and the full range of service management (network management, maintenance, control and reporting the quality of the service provided).
Satellite transportation and broadcasting
Rai Way is able to provide satellite transportation and broadcasting at a national and international level using either DVB-S or DVB-S2 technology.
The services it provides envisage:
- allocation of broadcasting capacity or technical and contractual support with the satellite operator that is the provider of the frequency band;
- design and construction of the up-link chain;
- design and construction of the distribution link;
- testing the service and making it operational;
- management and use of the up-link chain and the distribution link.